Request a container
Your recycling is collected every fortnight in the following containers:
- Blue recycling sack is for card and cardboard- please see below for more details.
- Black recycling box is for paper, magazines, glass bottles/jars, cans/tins and aerosols - please see below for more details.
- White recycling sack is for plastic bottles, food trays, yogurt pots and other types of mixed rigid plastic- please see below for more details.
You must place your recycling containers at the kerbside by 7am on your collection day, but no earlier than the previous evening. Please ensure your containers are visible from the roadside. Make sure the position does not endanger other pavement or highway users.
To find your house's bin and recycling collection dates please:
- Type your house number and street or postcode in the My Cotswold box and click Go
- Find your address in the list and click the Select your address button
- Your house's bin and recycling collection dates are displayed in the box
If you are a new resident and you are missing a grey wheelie bin or refuse sacks, please contact us. You can ask for recycling and refuse containers on the 'request a container' button. To register with us to vote and to sign up for Council tax please use the links shown.
Additional recycling containers
We can supply up to three blue sacks and three kerbside boxes per household. Please use the 'Request a container' button for additional ones to be delivered to you, or collect them from the Council offices in Cirencester or Moreton-in-Marsh.
Missed recycling collections
If your recycling containers are not emptied please contact us. Please do not contact us before 4pm as the crews may still be on their way to your property.
Blue recycling sack
- All cardboard boxes
- Cereal boxes
- Egg boxes
- Food packaging boxes
- Greeting cards
- Tetra Pak-type cartons (these can be taken to recycling banks)
- Garden or food waste
- Household waste
- Foil based wrapping paper
Please flatten card and cardboard and place it in your reusable blue sack. Occasional excess cardboard can be left out in pieces cut down a maximum of one metre by one metre. Please place it tidily next to your blue bags on your collection day. Packaging from large appliances or big-screen televisions etc. will not be collected unless it has been cut down.
Black recycling box
- Junk mail
- Telephone directories and Yellow Pages
- Envelopes (please remove plastic windows from window envelopes)
- Thin catalogues and brochures
- Letters and general paper
- Shredded paper provided it is inside a paper bag or large paper envelope
- Food and drinks cans (please wash and squash)
- EMPTY aerosol cans (do not squash)
- Glass bottles and jars (please wash)
- Thick, mail order clothing catalogues
- Foil based wrapping paper
- General household rubbish
- Plastic wrappers
- Plastic bottles or film
- Broken glass - the contents of the boxes are sorted manually at the kerbside by the crew, and they risk injury if there is broken glass in the boxes.
White recycling sack
A large range of rigid plastic materials including:
- plastic bottles
- food trays
- yoghurt pots
- and many more
- Plastic bags
- Food Pouches
- Food wrap and cling film
- Tetra-Pak (drink cartons)