Private hire vehicle licences
To operate your vehicle as a private hire vehicle you need to get it licensed.
Private hire vehicles
- are only available by booking through a private hire office within the Cotswold District Council area
- cannot be hailed in the street
- cannot park on the taxi ranks
- can set their own fares
Requirements of private hire vehicle licence
- The vehicle must be fitted with no smoking signs, first aid kit and fire extinguisher
Documents required with licence application
- Insurance showing that you are covered for private hire use
- An MOT (no more than 4 weeks old)
- V5 (or proof of purchase)
- Completed application form (when you sign this you are agreeing to our conditions which can be found in the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy)
Private hire licence fee
There is a fee of £180.
Apply for or renew a private hire vehicle licence
Please return your completed application form, documents and fee by:
- email (pay by phone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post or deliver to: Licensing, Environmental and Regulatory Services, Trinity Road, Cirencester, GL7 1PX
Your licence will be processed within 5 working days.
Renewal of vehicle licences
Please make sure that you know your licence expiry date. Renewal documents will not be provided so as the licence holder it's your responsibility to:
- download the application form from this page
- make sure you return the form to Environmental and Regulatory Services (ERS) 7 working days before the licence expires so we can process your renewal.
Transfers of vehicle licences
Transfers follow the same requirements as new vehicles and will be processed within 1 working day.