Consultation underway on proposed changes to planning application checks
Release date: 16 June 2017
Planners at Cotswold District Council are consulting the public on proposals to update their planning application validation checklist to meet new national and local planning policies, as well as good practice guidelines.
The validation process checks that the correct planning application documents and fee have been sent in before the planning application is decided by the Planning officers.
The public consultation runs until 4pm on 6 July 2017.
The proposed amendments are available to view on our website
The main updates are as follows:
- Making a scale bar on detailed plans compulsory as most plans are viewed online so this will help with accurate measurements
- Clarifying the level of information needed on existing and proposed block and floor plans
- Clarifying when an archaeological assessment is required
- Clarifying that an air quality assessment will be needed for biomass proposals.
- Clarifying the level of information needed for listed building and applications affecting trees
- Clarifying viability information needed for Affordable Housing and cost of independent review by the District Valuer to be paid by the applicant.
- Clarifying the level of drainage information needed.
- Clarifying when an Open Space Assessment is required.
- Clarifying the level of information needed for a Waste Management Plan.
- Clarifying when a Statement of Community Involvement is required.
- Clarifying the level of noise information required.
Send your comments
- Via email to the Planning team or
- write to: Development Management team, Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1PX
For further information about the consultation or the proposed Local List document please:
- email: the Planning team
- call: 01285 623 413