Reminder – please complete your Household Enquiry Form
Release date: 20 September 2017
Cotswold District Council’s elections team has sent reminders to residents who have not yet completed their Household Enquiry Forms (HEFs). People should have received forms in late August, complete with a request to check them and respond so that the Council can record who is eligible to vote in each household. This ensures that the electoral register is up-to-date.
Sarah Dalby, Elections Team manager at CDC comments:
“So far, about 70% of the households in the District have responded. We’re very pleased with this response and we have now sent reminders to those who have not been in touch with us yet.
“I would remind residents that if they do not respond they will not be able to vote in elections and referendums and it may also affect their credit score.”
Completing the form is very simple. All you have to do is check that the details are accurate and, when appropriate, update it with the details of everyone aged 16 and over living in your household who is eligible to register to vote, and return it as soon as possible. You can reply by internet, Freephone or post.
When you fill in your form:
- If there are details already printed on your form, please check and amend them if they are incorrect.
- You must include the forenames, surname, and nationality of every adult who is living in your household.
- You can fill in the form online at www.householdresponse.com/cotswold or you can complete and sign the form then post it in the prepaid envelope provided.
If the details on the form are correct, you must confirm your registration by:
- Internet - www.householdresponse.com/cotswold
- Freephone - 0800 197 9871
You will need to have your household enquiry form to hand when you use any of these methods.
Alternatively, you can return the form using the pre-paid envelope supplied with your reminder letter.
For more information or for help or advice, contact the electoral registration officer on 01285 623002.