Investing in our staff
What can we do for you…
- Agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- Flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays, which increases to 29 days after five years of service
- In addition you will have an extra two volunteering days a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- Health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- Generous contributory local government pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car lease scheme with huge tax and NI savings to be made on electric cars
- Paid for access to digital financial advice (covering mortgages and other finances)
- Generous sickness cover above statutory entitlements
Terms and conditions apply
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
Learning and development
We want our people to enjoy their work and feel they have all the skills they need to do their job to the best of their ability. We recognise that learning and development opportunities are important; not only to enable us to recruit good people but also to grow, develop and retain our staff.
No matter which area of service you join, you will receive an induction that will help you settle into West Oxfordshire Council and your team. In addition, you will have access to a range of courses through our training platform.