Polling districts and places
Review of polling districts and polling places 2019
We must review the polling districts and polling places within our area every four years as required by the Representation of the People Act 1983 and Section 16 of the Electoral Administration Act 2006. The Electoral Registration and Administration Act 2013 requires that a compulsory review is done between 1 October 2018 and 31 January 2020. The timetable for our review is as follows:
|18 October 2019||Publication of Notice of Review and commencement of public consultation|
|no later than 21 October 2019||Publication of Acting Returning Officer's submission|
|9 December 2019||End of the public consultation at 5pm|
|22 January 2020||Council consider and approve final proposals|
If agreed, any amendments will come into effect for the Police and Crime Commissioner due to take place on 7 May 2020.
The purpose of the review is to meet the following criteria* - we must:
- ensure that all electors in our area have reasonable facilities for voting as are practicable in the circumstances;
- ensure that so far as is reasonable and practicable every polling place for which it is responsible is accessible to electors who are disabled;
- consider the disabled access of potential polling stations in any place which it is considering designating as a polling place;
- allocate polling places for a polling district in an area in the district, unless special circumstances make it desirable to designate any area wholly or partly outside the district;
- allocate a polling place that is small enough to indicate to electors in different parts of the district how they will be able to reach the polling station.
*(Electoral Administration Act 2006(pt4)(18B)(4)
Comment on your polling place and station
The consultation closed on Monday 9 December 2019.
The Acting Returning Officer for The Cotswolds has published his initial submission and this will be developed after the end of the consultation period and presented to the Council for consideration and approval. View the following documents: