Accountancy & Finance - Privacy notice
Who we are and what we do
We are ‘Publica’ Group (Support) Limited and are a council owned employment company which delivers shared services between Cotswold, West Oxfordshire, and Forest of Dean District Councils and Cheltenham Borough Council (hereon known as “Clients”. ‘Publica’ additionally provides services to the Cheltenham Trust, Cheltenham Borough Homes and UBICO (an environmental services local authority company) (heron known as “Clients)
‘Publica’s’ Accountancy & Finance section provides a range of financial services to the partner councils and external clients including financial planning, statements of accounts, budgeting, financial systems and controls, payments and strategic payroll.
‘Publica’ is a data controller and data processor under the Data Protection Legislation; we collect and process personal information about you in order to provide these services, and to meet our statutory and regulatory obligations.
This notice explains why we ask for your personal information, how that information will be used and how you can access your records.
Any questions regarding our privacy practices should be sent to:
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Publica Group(Support) Limited
Trinity Road, Cirencester¸ GL7 1PX
Tel: 01993 861194
Why we need your information and how we use it
Publica’s Accountancy & Finance section holds information about individuals so that it can carry out effective financial management including the list is not exhaustive:
- processing payments external individuals
- processing payments to employees and elected councillors
- recording transactions on the ledger
- properly accounting for expenditure and income
- budget setting and budget monitoring
- providing financial management information
- costing staffing budgets
- providing financial analysis and advice to internal and external customers
- management of corporate and accounts
- submission of government grant funding claims
- administration of employee car loans and leases
We also have a statutory and regulatory obligation to provide these services in accordance with the following legislations, the list is not exhaustive:
- On behalf of each partner Councils: the Section 151 of the Local Government Act 1972 requires local authorities to make arrangements for the proper administration of their financial affairs
- On behalf of each partner Council: The CIPFA Statement on the role of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in local government describes the role and responsibilities of the CFO including responsibility for the finance function
- On behalf of each partner Council; the CFO and the Accountancy & Finance service require to access individuals’ information as required in order to carry out the role
- The Local Government Finance Act 1988 (rates)
- The Local Government Finance Act 1992 ( Council tax)
- Localism Act 2011
- Contract – Traded services
- Consent – consultations
What type of information is collected from you
‘Publica’s Accountancy & Finance section collects and processes the following types of personal data in order to provide the services:
- personal, for example: name, address, telephone, date of birth
- employee information, for example, payroll number, salary, taxation, national insurance, pension details, sickness details
- bank account details
- email addresses
- private vehicle details
- personal details relating to insurance claims
- Insurance related legal records.
We will only ask for personal information that is appropriate to enable us to deliver our services. In some cases, you can refuse to provide your details if you deem a request to be inappropriate. However, you should note that this may impact on our ability to provide some services to you.
Who your information may be shared with (internally and externally)
The section procures systems from various suppliers to support its financial management role. The following providers may have access to your information purely for the purposes of supporting our systems; they will not use your information for any other purpose:
- Unit 4 ( Agesso Business World )
- Civica Payments
The section may share or disclose your information to any of the following recipients as may be necessary for the financial administration of the authority in line with statutory obligations and/or to comply with contractual obligations relating to it:
- service providers, professional advisers and auditors who in certain circumstances will also be “data controllers”
- regulators, the government, local and foreign law enforcement authorities
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- local and foreign courts, tribunals and arbitrators, other judicial committees of enactments of laws
- past and present insurance providers, brokers and claims handlers.
How long we keep your information (retention period)
Data is only held as long as is necessary, unless superseded by statutory regulation, and disposed of securely when it is no longer needed.
How we protect your Information
We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your consent.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
For any payments which we take from you online we will use a recognised online secure payment system.
We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
You have rights under the Data Protection Legislations:
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances
- you have the right to be told if we have made a mistake whilst processing your data and we will self report breaches to the Commissioner.
How you can access, update or correct your information
The Data Protection Legislation allows you to find out what information is held about you, on paper and computer records. This is known as ‘right of subject access’ and applies to your Procurement Services data along with all other personal records.
If you wish to see a copy of your records you should contact the Data Protection Officer. You are entitled to receive a copy of our records free of charge, within a month.
In certain circumstances access to your records may be limited, for example, if the records you have asked for contain information relating to another person.
The accuracy of your information is important to us to be able to provide relevant services more quickly. We are working to make our record keeping more efficient. In the meantime, if you change your address or email address, or if any of your circumstances change or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date please email us or write to us at:
Accountancy & Finance Services
Publica Group (Support) Ltd
Trinity Road, Cirencester, GL7 1PX
Phone: 0300 303 3677
If you would like to know more about how we use your information, or if for any reason you do not wish to have your information used in any of the ways described in this Notice, please tell us. Contact the Data Protection Officer
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk