Our aims and priorities
To recreate a council that’s proactive and responsive to the needs of our residents and businesses in a fast-changing environment, and to build for the future while respecting our heritage.
Our corporate strategy sets out how we will achieve our aims and deliver our priorities. We developed our first strategy in 2020 and have since updated it as we have progressed a number of our projects and the local and national picture has developed.
You can read our updated Corporate Plan here which also includes information on what we have delivered against our first Corporate Plan:
We will do this by:
- delivering our services to the highest standards
- responding to the challenges presented by the climate crisis
- providing good quality social rented homes
- presenting a local plan that’s green to the core
- helping residents and communities access the support they need for good health and wellbeing
- supporting businesses to grow in a green, sustainable manner, and to provide high value jobs
Everything we do will be built on the following principles:
- rebuilding trust and confidence in the council by promoting a culture of openness and transparency
- providing value for money for our residents and businesses by using our resources wisely and investing in the district’s fabric and future
- listening to the needs of our community, and acting on what we hear
Progress on delivering the Council’s priorities during 2020-21 has been captured in the Council Priority report.