Skip to main content

Coronavirus (COVID-19) - For information on changes to our services, how to get help, support your community, advice and grants for employers and businesses visit our Coronavirus pages.

Street trading

Street trading is selling or offering for sale any article in the street from a van, stall etc.  The term ‘street’ includes part of any road, footway, beach or other area to which the public have access to without payment. You must have land owner consent. Fees vary according to what is being sold and where the trading takes place.

A Street Trading Consent will be issued for a period of 12 months (unless otherwise stated).

Please read the Street Trading Policy before making an application.

Apply for a street trading licence

Street trading fees

Street trading consent types Fee
Street trading - food £655
Street trading - non food £400
Specialist market e.g. farmers market, Cirencester Christmas market £776 (max two days per month in one location)


Street trading prime sites Annual fee
Clapton Road, Bourton on the Water £1305
High Street, Chipping Campden £1305
Riverside, Lower Slaughter £1305
High Street, Moreton in Marsh £1305
The Square, Stow on the Wold £1305
Lay-by opposite Trout Farm, Bibury £1800
Market Place, Cirencester (no trading permitted on Monday or Friday) £1800
A417 Lay-by at Syde £1800


Street trading for other time periods Fee
Street trading for non-prime site (for consecutive four week period or calendar month) £125
Street trading for up to one calendar month or for a consecutive four week period in the year (for a prime site costing £1800 annually) One month only within a 12 month period £180
Street trading for up to one calendar month or for a consecutive four week period in the year (for a prime site costing £1305 annually) One month only within a 12 month period £131
Specialist market operating in one location for one day in a financial year. £250
Specialist market operating for up to seven consecutive days in a financial year at one location. £350

What happens next

We will consult with the Police, Highways Authority, Parish/Town Council and the Ward District Councillor(s) before we make a decision.