Tenders and contracts
Procurement and contract management strategy
Cotswold District Council and all the Publica Group Partners have approved a collaborative framework approach to procurement. Our objective is to improve the way we and our partners procure services, goods and works and manage contracts to deliver improved quality services and make sure our spending is value for money.
We use the following strategies and regulations:
- National Procurement Strategy
- The Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- Local Government Transparency Code 2015
For further information email email@example.com.
Every quarter, Publica Group publishes details of existing contracts across all partner councils.
For details of current opportunities to tender or quote for work visit the contract portal.View contract opportunities
Tendering or quoting for work
We have set contract rule procedures depending on the value of the contract:
- up to £10,000 purchases are made on the basis of value for money. Contracts are by purchase order, with standard terms and conditions (opens as a PDF)
- from £10,001 to £50,000 contract opportunities are advertised on the Publica Portal and other public advertisement as appropriate. We require at least three written quotations and a formal written contract approved by our Legal Advisor
- from £50,001 to EU Threshold. Contract opportunities are advertised on the Publica Portal and other public advertisement as appropriate. We require a minimum of three competitive tenders and a formal written contract approved by our Legal Advisor
- EU threshold and above. Contract opportunities are advertised on the Publica Portal and in the Official Journal of the European Union.
The EU Threshold is set every two years and is the amount at which European Union rules apply.