Cabinet approves £150,000 Bourton car park improvement works
Release date: 23 July 2018
Members of Cotswold District Council’s Cabinet have approved a £150,000 upgrade of the Rissington Road car park in Bourton-on-the-Water.
The project will include:
- Full resurfacing of the entire car park
- Survey and subsequent maintenance works to drainage
- Full re-lining, with re-design of the layout to include items such as pedestrian walkways, disabled parking, directional markings, and improved vehicle and aisle spacing.
- Improved height and access barriers
- Increased and improved lighting
Commenting on the Cabinet decision, the CDC Member responsible for parking issues Cllr Chris Hancock said:
“The proposed works will provide a much safer and more user-friendly car park at Rissington Road for both motorists and pedestrians. Carrying out these major structural and design upgrades will also result in much cheaper routine maintenance costs.
“We know that the car park is very well used, especially during the peak holiday season, and we will ensure that the works do not start until after the summer. We will have to close the site for a while but we will aim to minimise any disruption. We will provide more details once plans are firmed up.”