Fairford Neighbourhood Plan
A referendum on the Fairford Neighbourhood Development Plan was held on Thursday 4 May 2023 where 89.8% of ballots cast were in favour of the plan. Subsequently the plan was made by Cotswold District Council on 5 June 2023.
On 21 December 2022, the examiner issued a letter, raising questions of both Fairford Town Council and Cotswold District Council, published below. A joint response was sent to the examiner on 17 January 2023.
On 19 December 2022, the examiner issued a letter, explaining procedural matters.
The following representations have been made on the submitted plan, and will be considered by the examiner:
Neighbourhood Plan Regulation 16 draft
The following documents form the neighbourhood plan:
Further supporting evidence can be viewed on Fairford Town Council’s website: https://fairfordtowncouncil.gov.uk/town-council/neighbourhood-plan/
An earlier version of the neighbourhood plan for Fairford was submitted to the examiner in February 2017. The examiner recommended that that version of the Fairford NDP should not progress to referendum and Cotswold District Council decided to accept this recommendation.
Fairford Town Council decided to continue developing a Neighbourhood Development Plan and issued a statement.
The timeline for the plan submission and examination was:
- 20 November 2013: Fairford Town Council parish area was designated as a Neighbourhood Area
- Late 2016: consultation on the re-submitted draft plan
- February 2017: Fairford submitted their Regulation 16 Draft and accompanying documents
- February to April 2017: six week consultation on the plan
- April to September 2017: Independent examination of the plan by Andrew Ashcroft
- 27 September 2017: Independent examination report released