Cotswold Champions is a community awards scheme introduced by our Chairman Cllr Julian Beale to celebrate and thank the unsung heroes in our community who give their own time to help others and make a significant difference in our District.
Nominations are now closed.
We are very grateful to the generous sponsors who have each donated a £1,000 cash prize to the winner of each of the following seven categories:
- Carer of the Year: a person who cares for a relative, friend or neighbour. Sponsored by Badham Pharmacy
- Village Hero: a person who goes above and beyond making a significant contribution to their village community. Sponsored by Air Salvage International
- Town Champion: a person who makes an impact in their neighbourhood. Sponsored by Tayler and Fletcher
- Unsung Hero: a local resident who quietly makes a difference to other people’s lives. Sponsored by The Barn Theatre
- Community Team: for a team from a sports club, activity group, health group etc that give their time to assist others. Sponsored by St James’s Place Wealth Management
- Charity Event: a team that organises events to raise funds for charities. Sponsored by Aura Care Living
- Young Volunteer of the Year: a young person (18 or under) who gives up their time to help others. Sponsored by the Royal Agricultural University
Shortlisting and awards ceremony
Cllr Julian Beale and an independent judging panel will shortlist three finalists from each category based on their qualities rather than the number of times they have been nominated.
The shortlisted finalists will be invited to the awards ceremony and dinner on Friday 9 November at the Royal Agricultural University where the winners of each category will be announced and given a cash prize of £1000.
Badham Pharmacy is an award-winning independent pharmacy chain providing local communities with a helpful, friendly service from their fully trained staff at their 20 branches. They also run a mobility aids centre at St Paul's Medical Centre, Swindon Road in Cheltenham.
|Air Salvage International (ASI) is a globally respected provider of professional asset management services to airlines, banks, lessors and insurance companies. It handles 14% of the global disassembly market each year at its Cotswold Airport Centre of Excellence, or worldwide locations.|
|Tayler & Fletcher are a long established firm of estate agents, valuers, chartered surveyors and auctioneers advising on residential, rural and commercial property including a Fine Art and Chattels Saleroom and valuation service.|
|The Barn Theatre host top-class regional theatre and performing arts education at their state-of-the-art facilities in the heart of Cirencester.|
|St James's Place Wealth Management provides highly personalised face-to-face wealth management services to individuals, trustees and businesses. With their relationship-based approach, they place their clients at the centre of everything they do and tailor solutions to individual requirements.
|Aura Care Living aim to improve and redefine what is understood as elderly care in their luxury care homes and retirement villages.|
|The Royal Agricultural University, based in Cirencester, has been at the forefront of agricultural education and a key contributor to the land-based sector for more than 170 years. The University has approximately 1,200 students studying agriculture, animal science, business, environment, equine management and science, food supply and management, real estate and rural land management.|
St. James’s Place Wealth Management provides highly personalised face-to-face wealth management services to individuals, trustees and businesses. With our relationship-based approach, we place our clients at the centre of everything we do and tailor solutions to individual requirements.