Local plan 2001 - 2011
Cotswold District Local Plan 2001-2011
Members of Cotswold District Council met on 3 August 2018 at a Special Council Meeting at Cirencester Baptist Church and agreed to adopt the Cotswold District Local Plan 2011-2031.
The Plan covers the period 2011 to 2031 and its policies will be used to control development and guide most day-to-day planning decisions.
Previous status of the Cotswold District Local Plan 2001-2011
Legislation under the Planning and Compensation Act 2004 changed the system of Development Plans and their preparation. Local Plans were replaced by Local Development Frameworks or LDF's. However, in March 2012 the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) started.
The Cotswold District Local Plan 2001-2011 was adopted in April 2006, replacing the Local Plan adopted in August 1999. The majority of the current Local Plan's policies are saved indefinitely or until they are replaced by the emerging Local Plan 2011-2031 and associated documents.
For a list of saved Local Plan policies please see:
Updating the current Local Plan
The Council has recently switched from preparing a Core Strategy to a comprehensive Local Plan for 2011 to 2031. We aim to submit a single comprehensive Local Plan for examination in 2017.
Main settlements identified in the Local Plan
There are nine main settlements identified in the Local Plan:
- Chipping Campden
- Northleach; South Cerney
After Cirencester, these have been identified as the most sustainable locations for further development, especially housing. The built-up areas of each main settlement are defined by development boundaries, within which development is acceptable in principle, subject to other planning policies.
Local Plan 2001 - 2011
Local Plan maps
Inspectors report for Local Plan 2001-2011
- Chapter-00-cover-contents-abbreviation.pdf (PDF-45K) Download Now
- Chapter-00-Preamble.pdf (PDF-36K) Download Now
- Chapter-01-sustainable-future.pdf (PDF-39K) Download Now
- Chapter-02-Cotswold-environment.pdf (PDF-210K) Download Now
- Chapter-03-housing-social-economic.pdf (PDF-375K) Download Now
- Chapter-04-infrastructure.pdf (PDF-56K) Download Now
- Chapter-05-raising-standards-quality.pdf (PDF-26K) Download Now
- Chapter-06-obligations-conditions.pdf (PDF-19K) Download Now
- Chapter-07-Cirencester.pdf (PDF-288K) Download Now
- Chapter-08-most-sustainable-principal.pdf (PDF-128K) Download Now
- Chapter-09-other-principal-settlements.pdf (PDF-196K) Download Now
- Chapter-10-other-villages-hamlets.pdf (PDF-30K) Download Now
- Chapter-11-upper-thames.pdf (PDF-66K) Download Now
- Chapter-12-other-issues.pdf (PDF-22K) Download Now
- Chapter-13-proposal-inset-maps.pdf (PDF-18K) Download Now
For more information about Planning please see: