Skip to main content

Statement from the Chair of Cotswold District Council following the death of HRH Prince Philip - Read more here

Code of conduct for district councillors

All councils must have a code of conduct for councillors.  Parish and town councils have their own code of conduct.

Complaints against councillors

Complaints that a councillor or a co-opted member of the council (or of a parish or town council in the Cotswold district) has not followed the code of conduct should be made to the monitoring officer of the district council. 

To make a complaint that a councillor is not following the code of conduct, complete a general enquiry form or write to the monitoring officer at the address found in the contact us bar at the bottom of the page.

Register of interests

One of the requirements in the code is that councillors must register specified interests. 

Gifts and hospitality

Councillors must register any hospitality or gifts offered and accepted or declined.  Details of these are available to download.

Both the register of interests and register of gifts and hospitality can be inspected during office hours at the council offices.

Allowances for district councillors

In accordance with Government Regulations, we set the allowances which councillors may claim for doing their duties, taking into account the recommendations of an independent panel. The allowances and amounts they can claim are set out in the Summary of Allowances document.

You can download the amounts paid to councillors by financial year.