A disaster can occur unexpectedly, anywhere, at any time and can take many forms, e.g. flooding, storms, transport incident etc.
The Civil Contingencies Act places responsibilities on us to make plans and train to respond to emergencies. Our aim is to ensure that we are prepared for any major emergency, are able to respond to support the emergency services as required, and can assist those affected.
We are part of the Gloucestershire Local Resilience Forum which provides a multi-agency response to major emergencies in the county. For more information please:
Gloucestershire Community Risk Register
The Gloucestershire Community Risk Register identifies the following:
- potential hazards for Gloucestershire
- the impacts they might have and
- the mitigation put in place.
For a community to be resilient, it must develop early and effective plans, so that it can respond to an emergency or disaster in a timely and effective manner.
For more information about compiling a Community and or a household emergency plan, please:
- visit the Gloucestershire Rural Communities Council's Community emergency planning toolkit
- download the Are You Ready? booklet
Priority service users
If you or a member of your household are vulnerable you may be eligible to register for Utility Priority Services. Please visit the below links to register;
Most energy providers also have a user priority register so you may also like to register directly with them.
Business Continuity Management
Business Continuity Management (BCM) is a process that helps to manage the risks of the running of an organisation and aims to ensure it can continue to operate during a disruption.
The Gloucestershire Local Resilience Forum provides advice and guidance to businesses and voluntary sector organisations about preparing for an emergency. For more information please:
- visit the Gloucestershire prepared website
Contact Cotswold District Council:
- call 01285 623000 during office opening hours which are 8.45am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- if it is an emergency situation call 01513 432942 outside opening hours.
Waste collections are sometimes disrupted due to winter weather; if this is the case please:
- visit our waste collection in severe weather page