Skip to main content

Coronavirus (COVID-19) For information on changes to our services, how to get help, support your community, advice and grants for employers and businesses visit our Coronavirus pages.

Apply for housing

The Cotswold district is a rural area and a very popular place to live. Housing to rent is limited and therefore there is more demand for homes than are available so you may have to think about other housing options such as renting privately, finding shared housing or supported accommodation, or living with family longer than you intended.

We don't own any council housing as our housing stock was transferred to Fosseway Housing Association (now Bromford Housing Association) in 1997.

All social housing in Gloucestershire and West Oxfordshire is let through Homeseeker Plus which is a choice based lettings scheme and a partnership of all six local councils in Gloucestershire and West Oxfordshire District in Oxfordshire and is used by most of the housing associations in the area.

The process is:

  • register with Homeseeker Plus
  • based on your housing need you are allocated to a band which sets the size of property you are eligible for
  • view weekly adverts of homes available across the partnership area
  • express an interest/bid for up to 3 properties that you're eligible for per week

Households only need to apply once and will have access to a larger range of affordable housing.

Register on Homeseeker Plus

 The housing allocations policy is also on the Homeseeker plus website.

Related Pages