Council tax payments
Your yearly council tax charge is normally payable in 10 monthly instalments due on the first of the month. There are a number of different ways to pay your council tax with direct debit being the most efficient.
Pay by Direct Debit
Paying your council tax by direct debit is the most effective way to keep costs down, while saving you time and effort. To set up a direct debit please:
- print and return the direct debit mandate to the address on the form
- call us on 01285 623000
If you currently pay your council tax over 10 months by direct debit and would like to spread your instalments through to March then please contact us.
- Council tax online payment
Pay by telephone
- Phone 01285 623666 at any time to pay using a debit or credit card.
- There is no administration charge for payments made using a debit or credit card.
Any payment made on this automated payment line after 4pm will show on our records after two working days. For example, in a normal working week a payment made after 4pm on a Friday will show on the following Tuesday.
Pay by post
Pay by post to the revenues and benefits service at address below.
- Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to Cotswold District Council
- Please write your account number on the back of the cheque
- Cash should not be sent through the post unless it is in a registered envelope
- Please let us know if you would like a receipt.
Pay in person
- The Council Offices, Trinity Road, Cirencester: 8.45am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- The Council Offices, High Street, Moreton-in-Marsh which are open:
- 8.45am to 4pm Mondays
- 8.45am to 5.15pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- 8.45am to 4.45pm Fridays
- 10.00am to 12.30pm Saturdays (Winter) 10.00am to 1.00pm (Summer)
Non payment of Council Tax
If you don't pay your charge we are required by law to follow statutory procedures to recover the debt.
If you are having trouble paying please contact us immediately and we may be able to come to a payment arrangement that you can afford.