Council data and information listings (Publication Scheme)
The government has made transparency and open data a key priority; it opens up government and public services through the publication of non-personal information and data which makes the public sector more accountable to communities and businesses. It also helps to drive improvements in services by informing choice, and stimulates innovation and growth.
The revised Local Government Transparency Code was published in October 2014 and includes:
- the key principles in creating greater transparency through the publication of public data
- the datasets that local authorities must make available to the public.
Open data is about making public information freely available for everyone to use and re-use. The range of data that the council is committed to publishing is below in the Publication Guide and includes the information and data which have been made available as part of the Transparency Code. The information and datasets are licensed under the Open Government Licence. If you are using the information and datasets, you need to acknowledge the source of the information.
Here is a comprehensive list of council information with links to relevant web pages or files. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please use the search or contact us.
Who we are and what we do
- Financial statements
- Expenditure over £500
- Medium term financial plan
- Asset management plan
- Statement of accounts and notice of conclusion of audit
- Allowances for district councillors
Our priorities and how we are doing
Our decision making
Our policies and procedures
- Policies and strategies
- Recruitment and selection policy
- Complaints procedure
- Records management and personal data
Lists and registers
- Contracts register
- Licensing register
- Planning register
- Public health burials register
- Environmental permits register
- Councillors financial and other interests
- Gifts and hospitality
- Electoral register
- Parking spaces